Saturday, April 17, 2010

Continued Discussion on Vegetarianism

The following is part of an email conversation I was having with a friend.

My Response:

It is very clear from those statements that God's people will not be eating meat...and again, I believe it. But I cannot come to a place where I say to eat meat is a sin because Christ ate meat. And I cannot say that Christ was anything less than perfect in any age. He is our example, our only perfect example, and we are to walk even as He walked, according to His Father's will. And I know that it is His will for His remnant people now to abstain from eating flesh...not because it is a sin in itself, but because it is now become altogether harmful to us to eat meat.

What I'm saying is that I think you are right...very very right. But I cannot call meat-eating a sin in itself, because I cannot say that Jesus did something sinful or that He allowed His people to do something sinful...

The reason we are not to eat meat now is not that the act is sinful, but because "Disease is accumulating rapidly. The curse of God is upon the earth, because man has cursed it. The habits and practices of men have brought the earth into such a condition that some other food than animal food must be substituted for the human family." {CD 384.5}

Because of how we have defiled the world the animals are no longer safe for us.

Conclusion:

I've heard before that God's people will eventually stop eating meat sometime before the end. It was over a hundred years ago when we first heard that message and began saying, "Yes, eventually..."

If what we teach is true, then the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is close, even at the door. Yet we are still saying, "Yes, eventually..." I believe the time is now...give it up if you haven't already. What would stop you?

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for this wonderful article..I truly believe that God wants us not to eat meat, drink coffee, alcohol and tea,I praise God for the light He has given us trough the SOP, but the problem is this: "the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" Mat. 26:41..I have tried several times to disregard meat as a part of my diet but I always failed..What should I do? I also drink "coke" sometimes (maybe once for two weeks although I know it is wrong..God wants us to have a healthy bodies, clear minds and perfect characters- just like our Lord Jesus had we He was still on earth...Praise the Lord!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be of good cheer, brother...
    The best advice I've heard of how to be sure we get to heaven is this: "Keep getting up."

    Amen we have an advocate with the Father, even Jesus Christ the righteous!

    "For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" Proverbs 24:16

    Praise God

    ReplyDelete